When to seek professional help
Well this is it – the last lesson in this series and one where we talk about when it is time to seek professional help. Of course, the short answer is when none of the techniques in the last lesson work for you. But it runs deeper than that. Let’s look at some of the signs when it is time to get professional help.
- If you can no longer live a happy life regardless of what you try
- If you do not want to travel or leave the safety of your home, but like traveling
- If you no longer want to voice your opinion on something that you know a lot about
- If you are exhausted from the constant worrying
- If you feel isolated even though there are people around that love you
- If your fears interrupt your normal life, such as you are afraid to use an elevator
- If you are having panic attacks, which are one step worse that having anxiety disorder. It means your disorder has reached a new level
- If your anxiety is becoming more frequent and lasts longer with each new episode
- If you have unexplained muscle tension or other physical signs of stress
- If you feel totally dependent upon another person for constant reassurance
- If you just don’t feel right, but don’t know why
If you notice one of more of these signs in you or in a person you are close to, then it is time to seek out professional mental help before the condition progresses and becomes even harder to treat. There is no shame in getting help.
We’ll that’s it. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have and maybe even learned something along the way about anxiety – signs that you may have anxiety and some ways to treat it so that you can feel better. Until next time!